Canberra Airport (CBR)
Driving Directions / Travel by Car
(Canberra, Australian Capital Territory - ACT, Australia)
Well sited in the Canberra area of the Australian Capital Territory (ACT), Canberra Airport (CBR) is easy to reach from a number of directions. The city centre is located to the north-west of Canberra Airport, with the famous Parliament House lying directly eastwards.
The airport is also close to Kingston and Griffith to the south-west, the Molonglo Gorge Recreational Reserve directly south, and both Queanbeyan and the Cuumbeun Nature Reserve to the south-east. Also worth noting, the expansive Lake Burley Griffin is situated to the west of Canberra Airport and is an important beauty spot, being created by the Scrivener Dam and surrounded by many walking trails and recreational activities.
Major roads surrounding the airport include the Pialligo, which runs in a south-easterly direction and is intersected by Ulinga Place, ultimately leading to a number of roads within the Canberra Airport complex itself, including Tyson Drive, Nomad Drive and the Brindabella Circuit. To the north, Majura Road leads to Fairburn Avenue and in turn both Morshead Drive and Kallaroo Road. Here are the main directions to the airport.
Directions to Canberra Airport (CBR) from the city centre:
- Canberra Airport is situated 8 miles / 5 km to the south-east of the city centre and 7 km / 4 miles from Queanbeyan
- The airport has good connections to Canberra's highway network and is clearly signposted
- Major roads that travel to Canberra Airport include the Limestone Avenue, leading to Fairbairn Avenue and then Pialligo Avenue
- The journey into Canberra's Central Business District (CBD) should take no more than ten minutes by car
- A street map is always advisable when driving to the airport
- When travelling to Canberra Airport during rush hours, be sure to allow extra time for unexpected and time-consuming traffic delays (07:30 to 10:00 and 16:00 to 18:00)
Canberra Airport (CBR): Virtual Google Maps